Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Announcement: Shameless Self-Promotion

Yes, I feel terrible...not really. But I'd like to point my wonderful and loyal 6 readers...well, I'll admit, I wasn't expecting much, but only 6? Well, back to the point, I'd like to direct you to my new blog at 6point5.wordpress.com which is more...well, unspecific. More specifically (yeah, I noticed I just said "unspecific"...just bear with me here), this newer blog will be much more geared towards my literary pursuits. In fact, please read and comment on my first post, titled, "On the Benefits of Walking", in which I approach walking from a philosophical point of view and speculate on the origins of utter mindlessness when running, here's an excerpt of the 771 word essay:

Whether it is some primal instinct, or maybe it’s just because I’m slightly mentally retarded: I can’t think when I run. When I run, my mind simply disappears. It’s not like day dreaming, or even dreaming. I simply cannot think while I run. I would venture to say that it is quite possible that the reason I can’t think while I run may be due to some antediluvian impulse passed down through generations of homo sapiens that perhaps originated from an omnipresent desire to capture food. What I mean to say is...

Yes, I am cruel aren't I? You'll have to visit the blog to see exactly what I meant to say. But anyways, do not feel that your subscription to this blog has been in vain! I will continue to update this blog. I plan to update both blogs whenever I can. So again, thank you, 6 readers, for your subscriptions. I hope you decide to stick with this blog. I plan to cover a lot more websites and programs. It's taking a while because I am looking for unique websites and programs, not previousley covered by MakeUseOf, Lifehacker, or Mashable. Well, so long for now! Thanks again!

No comments: