Monday, March 10, 2008

Announcement: Why the dark background?

Why?
Based on my previous posts, you can probably tell that I'm a pretty outgoing and happy-go-lucky guy. So why the dark background? Well, in the past few years, we've had numerous world-wide issues, the war on terror, obesity, health problems and the economy. These, among others, are only specific to a certain or a few certain countries. Something that has been affecting the world as of now is: Global Warming.

Now, I'm not a big fan of the environment and personally, I don't think I have the commitment needed to be an environmentally-friendly citizen. However, I respect those who have the persistence and commitment to stick with 'green' alternatives and for this year, I resolve to help in the only ways I can: spreading the word about environmentally-friendly internet services, and keeping a 'green' website. Now when I say green, I don't mean literally, but in an environmental way.

How?
Well, as mentioned in my previous post on Blackle, a black screen uses less energy than a white one. I want to make sure all my readers are contributing to saving the environment, no matter how small of a contribution they make.

No comments: